Over the years the League have moved their administration offices to a number of venues around Sydney.
In 1886 during the period when football was first played in Sydney under the name of the NSW Football Association, rooms were offered at 233 Castlereagh Street Sydney. This was a tobacconist shop owned by former Carlton footballer, Billy Goer and local Sydney player Billy Butler. Goer, a former Carlton captain was residing and playing football in Sydney at the time.
A number of sports called this place home. It is thought the league had an office the building from around the time of the resurrection of the game in 1903 to 1964 when the shifted to a newly constructed single storey brick building (since demolished) at Trumper Park, Paddington. It was also used as the canteen but had plenty of room for storage and upon the appointment of a fulltime secretary, an office for him there.
Apparently this was only a temporary stay for within weeks they moved to rented office at 307 Sussex Street, Sydney and then into their newly acquired building at 64 Regent Street, Chippendale. The board held their first meeting there in January 1, 1965. shown here>>>
Despite renovations and additions, in 1980 a new broom in the league moved them to the top floor at the Newtown Rules Club, a licensed facility at 303 Cleveland Street, Redfern and sold off the Chippendale address. They stayed at Cleveland Street until the club ceased to function in about 1985. Then they moved on to offices in the back of the Bill O’Reilly Stand at the SCG with entry through the now Fox Studios. These offices also housed the Sydney Swans FC administration.
Here they remained until the early 1990s when they moved to temporary premises in the then Showground, then into offices at the ANZ Stadium Homebush.
After a couple of years they shifted to newly constructed rooms in the rear of one of the grandstands of the Sydney Football Stadium. This stay was for about five years before they moved on to the offices they now leased at level 1, Sheridan Building, Moore Park Road, Moore Park. It is part of the SCG complex.
So, its been a long journey.